244 Golden Gate Avenue
Behind private gates is one of Belvedere Island’s most coveted homes; 244 Golden Gate Avenue. This world-class estate has unobstructed panoramic views from the Bay Bridge to Mount Tam and everything in between: the San Francisco skyline, Golden Gate Bridge, Sausalito harbor, and Richardson Bay.
Park-like grounds with manicured lawns and fruit trees surround the resort-like pool, spa, fire pit and built-in entertainment bar with BBQ and sport court. Beautiful lighting illuminates the grounds extensive arbors and walkways complete with built in speakers and designer water features. This magnificent home gracefully joins grand formal spaces with welcoming family living.
The Christopher Peacock designed kitchen, with its artisan backsplash and grand scale hammered range hood, is a chef’s dream with top of the line appliances and rarely seen amenities. Rounding out this sumptuous gathering spot of a kitchen is an eat-in banquet and adjacent wine bar. The main level has an elegant formal dining room with woven paper walls and an exquisite Dennis and Lean rock crystal chandelier.
The formal living room, with its grand scale wood burning fireplace, French doors and hand blown Ventoux sconces, is almost as stunning as the dramatic water views. Completing the main level is a wraparound entertaining deck connecting the living room to the generously-sized family room with stunning views of the bay.
The elegant master bedroom on the upper level is accompanied by a Christopher Peacock designed ensuite bath with walk-in double-wide steam shower and enormous built-in closet. Completing the upper level are an additional three bedrooms, one full and one half bath.
Downstairs, the lower level of the house offers a 2,000 bottle walk-in wine room with designer touches, two bedrooms, both with ensuite baths, an unbelievable media room with an adjacent entertainment bar leading to the outdoor pool and grounds. The gated circular driveway provides generous parking for gatherings in addition to the two car garage and storage room located on the property.
Meticulously renovated, while still maintaining history and grandeur, 244 Golden Gate Avenue redefines the elegance of Belvedere Island living.
- 6 Bedrooms, 4 Baths, 2 Half Baths
- Approximately 5890 square feet, on a coveted ½ acre of flat land on top of Belvedere Island
- Panoramic, unobstructed views of SF Bay, Bay Bridge, SF Skyline, GG Bridge, Sausalito and Mt. Tam
- Privately situated on its own island within the island of Belvedere, between Golden Gate Avenue and the charming Pomander Walk
- Impeccable custom-designed Christopher Peacock kitchen and master bath
- Gracious living room with hand blown Ventoux sconces, wood burning fireplace, stunning views and French doors that lead both to the gardens and the entertaining deck
- Formal dining room with exquisite Dennis and Leen rock crystal chateau chandelier and custom wall coverings
- Large family room with stunning views, wood burning fireplace, and French doors leading to a spacious entertainment deck
- 2000 bottle temperature controlled wine room
- Media room with indoor bar
- Lushly landscaped park-like grounds, with level lawns and extensive patio areas
- Unrivaled outdoor living and entertaining spaces
- Pool and spa with custom water features and controls
- Gourmet outdoor kitchen featuring a built-in BBQ, rotisserie, bar, and fire pit
- Indoor and outdoor speakers throughout
- Solar electric panels
- Cobblestoned circular driveway and sport court
- Fully irrigated and lighted grounds with extensive arbors, fountains and walkways